st: Time to maturity

From   Ferdinand Siagian <fsiagian@maine.edu>
To   Stata <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: Time to maturity
Date   Tue, 18 Oct 2011 14:46:18 -0400

Hello all,

I have a data set with transaction dates and maturity dates in YYYYMMDD format. The data Type is long and the format is %12.0g. I have been trying to calculate the number of days from the transaction date to the maturity date (or time to maturity) but could not find the best way to do it. Example:

Transaction date        Maturity date
20090120                20100520
20100315                20110825

Thank you for your help.