RE: st: Stata Conference Chicago Meeting, 2011.

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Stata Conference Chicago Meeting, 2011.
Date   Tue, 18 Oct 2011 18:43:18 +0100

The advice is very simple in both cases:

Write to the authors _directly_ for any files not given on the website specified. In each case, I doubt that they are currently members of Statalist, so sending to Statalist is asking in the wrong place.

Of course, it is quite possible that they had good reasons for only posting what they did, namely that the other files they used are very specific to their examples, or not yet ready for general use, etc., but that's clearly a point on which only the authors can comment authoritatively.

As with any other conference, sometimes a talk at a Stata meeting is very much a talk on work in progress.

Jorge Eduardo Pérez Pérez

I am interested in the do file for other presentation at this
conference, "Tricks with Hicks: Stata gmm code for nonlinear GMM" by
Carl Nelson.

On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 12:24 PM, natasha agarwal