st: Tokenize macro with quotes

From   "Cook, Daniel E" <daniel-e-cook@uiowa.edu>
Subject   st: Tokenize macro with quotes
Date   Tue, 18 Oct 2011 15:13:00 +0000

Hello,

I'm trying to use postfile to add a variables labels as part of a summary table. My issue is finding a way to get the labels into a string variable for export.

I'm using labellist (not a part of the normal stata distribution.

So I use labellist to return a list of the labels and this is the return output (I am working with genetics here).
r(labels) : "`"AA"' `"AG"' `"GG"'"

When I try to use tokenize then (in order to grab each label individually) it doesn't work. I believe it has to do with the presence of all the quotes.

How can I get this to work with tokenize or is there a better alternative?

Thanks,
-Elwood Cook