RE: st: Change median plusmarkers in dotplot to median line

From   "Heiligenberg, Marlies" <>
To   <>
Subject   RE: st: Change median plusmarkers in dotplot to median line
Date   Tue, 18 Oct 2011 14:58:52 +0200

Thanks Nick. I've tried the syntax you wrote but STATA does not recognize 'stripplot' command. i have Stata 11.1

unrecognized command:  stripplot

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: [] Namens Nick Cox
Verzonden: dinsdag 18 oktober 2011 14:41
Onderwerp: Re: st: Change median plusmarkers in dotplot to median line

This answer won't help. The median markers are marker symbols, so changing the symbol will not produce a straight line,

I don't think you can do this with -dotplot- short of cloning the program and changing the code.

-stripplot- (SSC) can get closer to what you want. You can look at its
-box- option.

This example shows other possibilities, but you would need to write some ad hoc extra code in the same style for your problem.

sysuse auto, clear

egen median = median(mpg) , by(foreign)

gen x1 = 0
gen x2 = 0.8
gen x3 = 1
gen x4 = 1.8

stripplot mpg, over(foreign) vertical stack /// addplot(rspike x1 x2 median if !foreign, horizontal || /// rspike x3 x4 median if foreign, horizontal)

On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 1:19 PM, Muhammad Anees <> wrote:

> check from help file of -dotplot- the option -mstyle-
> On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 5:13 PM, Heiligenberg, Marlies
> <> wrote:

>> How do I change the median ++++++ markers in a dotplot to a median line (straight long line _____________)?
>> The syntax is used to create the dotplot was:
>> dotplot il1b,  median recast(scatter) over(groep) title("il1ß", box)
>> msize(tiny) msymbol(circle)

*   For searches and help try:

Op dit bericht is een disclaimer van toepassing.
Ga naar voor meer informatie.