Re: st: Zoib model

From   Maarten Buis <>
Subject   Re: st: Zoib model
Date   Mon, 17 Oct 2011 10:45:24 +0200

--- On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 1:42 AM, Nick Cox <> wrote:
> This is presumably a reference to -zoib- (Maarten Buis, SSC). <snip<
> These questions are all to be answered by reading the help. I see no
> support for multilevel data beyond that specified in the help.

Nick is correct, -zoib- was not written for panel data. In the help
file you can see that weights, clustered, and/or robust standard
errors are allowed, but not the -svy- prefix, which is required for
strata. In general a help-file lists wat is allowed, thus anything
that is not listed in the help-file is not allowed. So that is how you
could have used the helpfile to answer your question on -zoib- and
panel data.

-- Maarten (author of -zoib-)

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie