Re: st: Longitudinal but NOT panel data to do fixed and random effects

From   Muhammad Anees <anees@aneconomist.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: Longitudinal but NOT panel data to do fixed and random effects
Date   Sun, 16 Oct 2011 10:25:54 +0500

Do you mean the data is not strongly balanced? If so, the models for
panel data could still be used for longitudinal data. and if your
longitudinal does not have ID variables, you can generate one by using
-egen-

--

Regards

Anees