Re: st: Stata 11 under Gnome 3

From   Antoine Terracol <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Stata 11 under Gnome 3
Date   Sat, 15 Oct 2011 19:13:36 +0200

Hi David, and thanks for the link.

As a matter of fact, I have another computer for which I did an upgrade (as opposed to a fresh install) to 11.10 (32 bits, though); and Stata works fine.

I did manage to launch xstata in my fresh install of Oneiric 64 bits, but opening the do file editor crashes Stata. In Ubuntu 11.04 this was solved by installing libgtksourceview1.0-0 (as indicated in the message you link to), but the package is not available anymore in the Oneiric repos... As a workaround I use gedit to send my code to Stata (using the external tools plugin and a small script I can send to anyone interested).

If I can't find a solution maybe I'll do a fresh install of Natty, configure Stata as indicated in your link, and then upgrade to Oneiric...

Thanks for your help, I'll report back when a solution is found.
Antoine