st: Brant's Test for Parallel Lines

From   "Stephen Clark" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Brant's Test for Parallel Lines
Date   Fri, 14 Oct 2011 21:36:00 +0100

I have an ordered logit model that uses a large amount of data, 2.5 million
cases. Brant's test for parallel lines is significant (p>chi2 = 0.00) which
suggest that the model I am using is inappropriate. However, I have found
various references that suggest the test is pessimistic with very large
samples - highlighting small differences that are not actually critical. I
cannot get access to Brant original paper so I would welcome some advice as
to whether this is likely to be the case here. Is there a better test
available for large samples?