st: Endogeneity

From   Ozgur Ozdemir <ozdemirozgur@hotmail.com>
To   Stata <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: Endogeneity
Date   Fri, 14 Oct 2011 15:43:12 +0000

Hi,

I am working on corporate governance and have the IVs such as managerial ownership, remuneration, board od directors etc with DP of performance. based on the literature most of the IVs are potetiall candidate to be endogeneous as companies change their remuneration when performance goes down, managers sell shares. So, I am not sure how I can test endogeneity and decide whether I need to have any instrumentatl variables later on. will be happy if you can briefly explain the steps then I can go and explore.

kind regards
Ozgur Ozdemir
E: ozdemirozgur@hotmail.com
Skype : ozgurozdemir2005