Re: st: bootstrap and model building

From   Nick Cox <>
Subject   Re: st: bootstrap and model building
Date   Fri, 14 Oct 2011 14:20:45 +0100

You don't give any references for this approach. It sounds like a very
roundabout way of getting the information that a direct bootstrap
gives you any way, albeit in different form. It has the extra
disadvantage that it wires in decision-making with fixed significance
levels. I could easily be missing some subtle differences here, but I
would be grateful to know what they are.

Bootstrapping stepwise is the stuff of nightmares.