Re: st: Intraclass correlation coefficient

From   Ronan Conroy <>
To   "" <>
Subject   Re: st: Intraclass correlation coefficient
Date   Thu, 13 Oct 2011 17:40:13 +0100

On 2011 DFómh 13, at 14:10, Sofia Ramiro wrote:

> Hello,
> Does anyone know how to calculate the ICC between 2 variables?
> I am analyzing the inter-reader reliability, and only know how to calculate
> ICCs with SPSS. However, does not make much sense to use Stata and switch
> back to SPSS just because of this small part of the analysis
> I appreciate your help

There are three 'flavours' of intraclass correlation corresponding to different hypotheses. Type one intraclass correlations are handled by -loneway-. The others are handled by -icc23-, written by Paul F. Visintainer and Luis C.Orozco.

You need to know which flavour you require.

Ronán Conroy
Associate Professor
Division of Population Health Sciences
Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland