Other forums [was: RE: st: RE: how to force same excluded groups across regression models]

From   Nick Cox <n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk>
Subject   Other forums [was: RE: st: RE: how to force same excluded groups across regression models]
Date   Wed, 12 Oct 2011 19:22:58 +0100

Stata tech support, if it falls within their remit?

The main other forum I know of is Stack overflow. There is much less Stata traffic there than on this list.

StataCorp is now on Facebook and Twitter but neither seems well suited to detailed technical questions or answers.

Without bias, and without prejudice of any kind, I'd say that there are more, and more active, experts on this list...

But what is it that can't be answered in this forum?

Very broadly, and without reference to your thread, three main kinds of questions have low probabilities of getting detailed answers on this list. These are expressed in their limiting forms:

* How should I analyse my data?

* I am doing X. Is this correct?

* I am new to Stata. Please give me a personal tutorial on A and B.

And I don't think other lists are, in practice, more reactive to such questions.

Nick
n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk

Megan Sheahan

Thanks again, Dave. For the broader audience, do you happen to know
where else I can submit a Stata question if it can't be answered
through this listserv?