Re: st: location-industry averages

From   Nick Cox <>
Subject   Re: st: location-industry averages
Date   Wed, 12 Oct 2011 01:10:54 +0100

This question has already been answered.

Use -egen-'s -mean()- function. An analogue is

sysuse auto
egen meanmpg = mean(mpg), by(rep78)

In any case, your problem could hardly be more vague. What are your

I can't see that any dummy variables are needed.