Re: st: location-industry averages

From   Nick Cox <njcoxstata@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: location-industry averages
Date   Wed, 12 Oct 2011 01:10:54 +0100

This question has already been answered.

See http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2011-09/msg01301.html

Use -egen-'s -mean()- function. An analogue is

sysuse auto
egen meanmpg = mean(mpg), by(rep78)

In any case, your problem could hardly be more vague. What are your
"difficulties"?

I can't see that any dummy variables are needed.

Nick