st: Residuals after count model (nbreg)

From   Jung-eun Lee <>
To   STATA <>
Subject   st: Residuals after count model (nbreg)
Date   Tue, 11 Oct 2011 11:14:09 -0700 (PDT)

Dear STATA list users,
could anybody help me find the residuals from my analysis (negative binomial regression)

and test if they are correlated with time? I am using event count modeling.

Is this a correct method?: "predict res" or "predict dev" -- to calculate residuals? The results seem to be the same.

Then what do I do? Should I create a plot with res(or dev)(y axis) and time(x axis)?("twoway (scatter res date)")
What should I look for in the graph?I will greatly appreciate your help.