RE: st: Bug in stsplit and stptime - or me ?

From (Yulia Marchenko, StataCorp)
Subject   RE: st: Bug in stsplit and stptime - or me ?
Date   Mon, 10 Oct 2011 21:51:03 -0500

Jesper Lindhardsen <> has a follow-up question of
whether it is safe to create new variables which contain copies of the current
system survival variables (_t, _t0, etc.) and use the newly created variables
in -stset-:

> ... I gather a simple clonevar or rename of system variables can solve the
> problem. Or am I mistaken ??

You can use any variables in -stset- so long as they do not have the same
names as survival system variables (_t, _t0, etc.).  In Jesper's earlier
example, creating copies of the variables and using them with -stset- will
result in agreement between -strate- and -stptime-.

-- Yulia