Re: st: Catplot (ssc) labelsize in scheme? Stata 11

From   Nick Cox <njcoxstata@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: Catplot (ssc) labelsize in scheme? Stata 11
Date   Mon, 10 Oct 2011 22:27:31 +0100

You are correct in implying that -catplot- just lets -graph hbar | bar
| dot- choose defaults for labelsize.

Similarly, there is no machinery in -catplot- affecting bar width. In
practice, it seems that tuning the gaps is the best way of changing
the widths.

e.g.

sysuse auto
catplot rep78
catplot rep78, var1opts(gap(0))
catplot rep78, var1opts(gap(2))

In general, -catplot- is mainly a wrapper that calculates frequencies
or percents and then lets -graph- do almost all the work.

I've not devoted much time to knowing my way around the scheme files.

Nick