st: RE: Correlation ratio based on entropy

From   Nick Cox <>
To   "''" <>
Subject   st: RE: Correlation ratio based on entropy
Date   Mon, 10 Oct 2011 18:01:53 +0100

-findit- results imply that you need to program it yourself.

Kristian Bernt Karlson

I have been searching on Statalist for any ado-files estimating the
correlation ratio based on entropy (an "R-squared" type of statistic) as
described by Magdison (Social Science Research 1981) and Haberman (JASA
1982), and also mentioned by Agresti (Technometrics 1986). This is a
correlation ratio for nominal outcomes. Does anyone know whether I can
obtain this ratio from a Stata command?