Re: st: Looking for courses in non-linear modelling and imputation techniques

From   Maarten Buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Looking for courses in non-linear modelling and imputation techniques
Date   Mon, 10 Oct 2011 14:21:54 +0200

On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 2:01 PM, Sofia Ramiro wrote:
> I am looking for courses/learning opportunities in the areas of non-linear
> modeling and also in imputation techniques. Any idea where to find these?
>
> I am based in the Netherlands, but I could attend these courses anywhere,
> preferentially in an intensive rhythm to make a better use of the travel.
>
> If anyone has an idea, suggestion, please let me know.

In many disciplines such courses are offered in the form of summer
schools, e.g. within (quantitative) social sciences PhD students tend
to go either to Essex (UK) or Ann Arbor (USA). See respectively:
<http://www.essex.ac.uk/summerschool/>,
<http://www.icpsr.umich.edu/icpsrweb/sumprog/>.

Hope this helps,
Maarten