Re: st: combining different storage types

From   Nick Cox <>
Subject   Re: st: combining different storage types
Date   Sat, 8 Oct 2011 18:21:49 +0100

I don't know what distinction you have in mind, but I see no grounds
for your statement. What distinction between 12 and previous versions
do you have in mind?

A "combined name" is not a Stata concept, but presumably a combined
name is something you put in one or more of a string variable value, a
value label, a local macro, a global macro, a characteristic, or any
equivalent in Mata. In all these cases, you can have a leading zero
character; you just need to put it there.