Re: st: AW: -longshape- available from SSC

From   Nick Cox <>
Subject   Re: st: AW: -longshape- available from SSC
Date   Sat, 8 Oct 2011 16:29:28 +0100

Thanks for this.

With your regard to your -reshape wide-, the issue I think is not
whether -wideshape- might be useful to you, but whether -reshape wide-
works well for you without side-effects.

On Sat, Oct 8, 2011 at 4:00 PM, Kaulisch, Marc
<> wrote:
> Hi Nick,
> Thanks for this program, I also encountered the same problems more than once...
> One additional comment: I can think of a use-case where -wideshape- might be a good complementary program (although I am not completely sure).
> Example:
> Wide-data reshaped into long-data
> Creating new variables with long-data - for example: clusters after an optimal-matching-analysis (s. -sq- (from ssc)).
> Long-data into wide-data in order to use the clusters for further analysis
> Of course, I could do a merge of wide and long to add the new vars to the "old" wide data; but intuitively I would do a reshape...
Nick Cox