RE: st: recursive cointegration

From   Cameron McIntosh <[email protected]>
To   STATA LIST <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: recursive cointegration
Date   Fri, 7 Oct 2011 17:52:47 -0400

George,

 When I see abrupt questions like this with no context (on any listserv), I often wonder (nervously) how much background reading the poster has done on the statistical method being applied, in this case, cointegration. I could be wrong -- perhaps you fully the rationale for the procedure and just want the specific Stata syntax, which I imagine you could have found yourself with a bit of searching. Anyway, it's not just a one-liner that someone can copy into an email, especially without knowing anything about your model. I think you're going to have to do the programming yourself. To that end, have a look at:

Johansen, S. (1995). Likelihood-Based Inference in Cointegrated Vector
Auto-Regressive Models. Oxford, UK: Oxford University Press.

Prazmowski, P. (2005). A recursive cointegration test using the Kalman filter and its application to fiscal equilibrium in the Dominican Republic.
Applied Economics Letters, 12(3), 155-160.

Joly, P., Heinecke, K., & Morris, C. (June 24, 2001). JOHANS: Stata module to perform Johansen-Juselius ML estimates of cointegration.
http://ideas.repec.org/c/boc/bocode/s419401.html

Stata 12 Help:

http://www.stata.com/help.cgi?vec

My two cents,