st: Stock Return Volatility

From   Bader Alhashel <>
To   statalist <>
Subject   st: Stock Return Volatility
Date   Thu, 6 Oct 2011 18:52:12 -0400

I have a panel data in which I would like to calculate the daily stock
return volatility for the last 120 trading days at the end of each
month. I was planning to use -mvsumm- however I need to do the command
by ID or otherwise the calculation might contain returns for a
different stock. Any suggestions on how I can do this calculation?
Thanks for your help.