st: Spearman correlation with adjustment

From   cecilia sam <samcecilia2010@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: Spearman correlation with adjustment
Date   Thu, 6 Oct 2011 23:47:52 +1300

Hi all,

I need to validate a method against another method. Since the data are
not normally distributed, I use spearman correlation using syntax
"spearman" to find correlation, and bland and altman plot to generate
the limit of agreement. I know that there are some confoundings, such
as weight and age. To adjust age, I have classified them into groups
and analysed the correlation for each group, while I want to present
an overall correlation. My question is:

Is there any syntax or method that I can use to adjust a single
continous (Not categorical) variable, or even adjust all of them at
once?

Many thanks.
Cheers from Cecilia