st: Clogit, logit, mlogit

From   Caroline Dieckhoener <c.dieckhoener@googlemail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: Clogit, logit, mlogit
Date   Thu, 6 Oct 2011 10:47:17 +0200

Dear listers,

I have a variable choice and five choice alternatives that can be
chosen and an independent variable costs. (And of course further
independent variables.)
Now I am looking for a model that allows me to first check the general
impact of costs on choice (i.e. for each observation) not accounting
for the alternatives and additionally analyse the impact of costs on
each of the alternatives all in one model. If I get it right, using
clogit or mlogit I can just analyse the impact of costs on each of the
five choice alternatives and not on choice in general. So how do I do
this? Use interaction variables in a binary logit? Does anyone have an
idea?

Thank you very much for your help!

Best regards,

Caroline