st: Simple svy tab - conformability error

From   Anna Reimondos <areimondos@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: Simple svy tab - conformability error
Date   Thu, 6 Oct 2011 12:26:39 +1100

Dear statalisters,

I have been happily using the svy : tab command to get the weighted
percentage distributions of the variables in my dataset but this
morning I got a strange 'conformability error' when running a
tabulation on a particular variable.

The variable is a string variable with 755 unique values (but have not
had problems with other similar string variables). The error appears
whether or not I use the subpop command, e.g. even if I simply specify
 "svy: tab var1".