st: esttab (et al): shouldn't it work under a batch?

From   László Sándor <sandorl@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: esttab (et al): shouldn't it work under a batch?
Date   Wed, 5 Oct 2011 11:55:23 -0400

Hi,
I'm using Stata 12 on a unix cluster. I'm not sure I had this problem
before: my runs do not seem to generate some output if I run one from the
command line as a batch (with stata-mp -b ...do etv.). I lose a log, and I
also lose what LaTeX-friendly ado files like latab or the all-important
esttab generate in an interactive session (running the same do file, of
course).

As the batch runs are much, much faster, it would be great to be able to use
them.

What am I missing here? Thanks!

Laszlo