Re: st: file handle __00000G not found

From   Bulent Koksal <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: file handle __00000G not found
Date   Wed, 5 Oct 2011 10:24:36 +0300

I have a do file something line below. When this error occured no
output file was open. I also have the necessary permissions for the
directory that I am writing to. By the way I get the error message for
different values of the loop counter, i. I mean for example, I get the
error message when i=36; I rerun the do file and now I get the error
message for a different value of i.

clear all
cd "my directory"
local fname levfinalave
use `fname'.dta, clear

xtset firmno period

local i=1

cd "output directory"

foreach depvar in "depvar_1" "depvar_2" "depvar_3" "depvar_4" {
 foreach size in "size1" "size2" {
    foreach growth in "g1" "g2" {

xtreg `depvar' `size'  `growth'  gdprgrowth ddebt_gdphaz if `depvar'>=0, fe
est store m`i'
outreg2 [m`i'] using levave_fs, alpha(0.01, 0.05, 0.01) dec(4) excel
local i=`i'+1

display "Estimation No: " `i'

est clear

}
}
}

On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 10:10, Nick Cox <[email protected]> wrote:
> I guess it means that you are trying to write to a file with a handle
> defined by a -tempname- and have not properly declared how you are
> going to do it. Or perhaps there is some problem with file
> permissions. To say more we would be helped by your telling more about
> what you actually wrote, or whether this is a problem with others'
> programs.
>
> Nick
>
> On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 7:50 AM, Bulent Koksal <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Does anybody knwo what this error message means? Thank you in advance.
>>
>> file handle __00000G not found
> *
> *   For searches and help try:

Bülent Köksal