st: Backed-up message on last iteration

From   Shourjo Chakravorty <>
Subject   st: Backed-up message on last iteration
Date   Mon, 3 Oct 2011 22:02:37 -0400

I am estimating a partially-observable biprobit model with the dfp and
bfgs techniques.Sometimes I get the "backed-up message" on the last
iteration. I've read the archives here and it says I can trust the
results. I am asking because in the book by Gould, Pitblando and Poi
(2010) "maximum likelihood estimation with stata" it states that I
cannot trust the results if the last iteration has this message (page
20). I am a beginner and would be grateful if someone could clarify my