st: mean2 not allowing if or weight options

From   "Ariel Linden, DrPH" <ariel.linden@gmail.com>
To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: mean2 not allowing if or weight options
Date   Mon, 3 Oct 2011 11:14:42 -0400

After seeing a posting last week on this listserve about mean2 (a program
written by Roy Wada -findit mean2-) I tried it out and found it to be quite
useful. That said, it does not appear to allow either 'if' statements or
weights. The help file states the program accommodates both if and weight
options.

I made sure all the other programs it relies on are up-to-date so that does
not appear to be the issue. Also, I am using version 12.0.

This works:

mean2  price  mpg  weight using myfile.txt, over(foreign) cat(Domestic
Foreign) excel replace
(output not shown)

This doesn't work:

mean2  price  mpg  weight using myfile.txt if rep78 >3, over(foreign)
cat(Domestic Foreign) excel replace
if not allowed

This doesn't work:

mean2  price  mpg  weight using myfile.txt [pw=length], over(foreign)
cat(Domestic Foreign) excel replace
weights not allowed

Any help would be appreciated!

Ariel