st: RE: missing cases in aggregation

From   Nick Cox <>
To   "''" <>
Subject   st: RE: missing cases in aggregation
Date   Mon, 3 Oct 2011 11:55:13 +0100

This won't work this way. -missing()- just returns 0 or 1; it will not count missings across observations. You need to construct a variable that includes the counts. -egen- includes various functions that might help.

Abu Camara

I am doing some aggregation on some indicators by region and would
like to have no aggregation
for year if 1/3 of cases for particular year are missing. I tried the
following command but did not
get what I wanted. Any suggestion /help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

table  country  year [aweight=pop1] if year==1980 | year==1990
|year==2000 | year>=2004 & missing(year)>19, ///
c(mean ger_pri_tot) format(%9.1f) row