st: nlogit and predictnl

From   Jan Nelissen <>
To   "" <>
Subject   st: nlogit and predictnl
Date   Mon, 3 Oct 2011 07:57:24 +0000

Dear Statalist:

I am estimating a nested logit model and I would like to use predictnl to compute standard errors and confidence bounds for the estimated probabilities.
When I use predictnl, I get an error message:

nlogit ..

. predictnl bC1x = predict(outcome), se(se_bC1x)
option outcome not allowed
predict(outcome) invalid

I would be very grateful if anyone could clarify what the problem is.

Best regards,
Jan Nelissen

dr. Jan Nelissen

Senior researcher Quantitative Analysis

Room T 402 (Tilburg University, TIAS Building)
Postal address
PO Box 90153, 5000 LE  Tilburg, The Netherlands
Visiting address
Warandelaan 2, 5037 AB  Tilburg, The Netherlands
+31-13-466 3259 / 8325
+31-13-466 2764
This e-mail message is intended to be exclusively for the addressee. See