st: RE: problems combining xtivreg and xtoverid or using xtivreg2 with random effects estimation

Subject   st: RE: problems combining xtivreg and xtoverid or using xtivreg2 with random effects estimation
Date   Fri, 30 Sep 2011 15:52:24 +0100

Daniel,

My guess is that you have some perfectly collinear regressors, and some
have to be dropped.  xtivreg is dropping one set, and xtoverid is
dropping a different set, and hence the internal restimation by xtoverid
doesn't match the original done by xtivreg.

> But this doesn't matter, due to the fact
> that xtoverid
> now works.
>
> I have another question concerning this topic: Do you have any idea or
> advice for me, how to get similar postestimations for xtivreg
> like the ones
> you get in xtivreg2: weak identification test and
> underidentification test?

xtoverid has an undocumented option, noi (or noisily).  If you say

xtoverid, noi

it will report the internal reestimation (done by ivreg2) including the
weak and under identification stats.

Cheers,
Mark

> A few information about my analysis:
> - a panel data with 62 groups and each 60 observations
> - 59 exogenous variables, a few of them are dummies
> - 2 endogenous variables with  5 instruments
>
> Thank you all a lot, Daniel.

registered under charity number SC000278.

Heriot-Watt University is the Sunday Times
Scottish University of the Year 2011-2012