st: Using gzsave in ubuntu w/ stata 11

From   Paul Burkander <>
Subject   st: Using gzsave in ubuntu w/ stata 11
Date   Fri, 30 Sep 2011 10:17:56 -0400

Hi all,

I'm using stata 11 on ubuntu, and it seems that the command gzsave is
not working for me.  If I attempt to save a file using this command, I
get a message from Stata suggesting all is well.  However, when I go
to the directory to which I attempted to save the file, it is not
there.  If I save the file using the regular save command it works

Any ideas?