Re: st: GAMFIT failure despite updated gam

From   Nick Cox <njcoxstata@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: GAMFIT failure despite updated gam
Date   Fri, 30 Sep 2011 00:17:48 +0100

I don't know what the difficulty is here. I'd just offer the oblique
comment that work with this model seems to have faded away. In Stata,
at least, it's much easier to work with restricted cubic splines or
fractional polynomials.

Nick