R: st: R: How to "reverse" log transformed result

From   "Carlo Lazzaro" <>
To   <>
Subject   R: st: R: How to "reverse" log transformed result
Date   Wed, 28 Sep 2011 18:37:46 +0200

Dear Austin,
thanks for the guidance.

Kindest Regards,

-----Messaggio originale-----
[] Per conto di Austin Nichols
Inviato: mercoledì 28 settembre 2011 14.23
Oggetto: Re: st: R: How to "reverse" log transformed result

Carlo Lazzaro <>:
The formula you give relies on very strong assumptions about the error
terms, while the -glm- approach does not.
This is mentioned elliptically on page 8 ("pernicious retransformation
problem") of
(references given at the end), which is the presentation from which
the blog post
(which Nick pointed to) was spawned.

For those who insist on ignoring good advice, and pursuing the
retransformation, see
findit levpredict
findit predlog
for two options.

However, I doubt any of these approaches is a actually a good idea, if
the original poster has data where some people have not yet been
granted a pension (censored durations), in which case a hazard model
is clearly indicated (-help st- in Stata, or -findit hshaz-).

It's not clear to me what the value of the multilevel piece is, so I
ignore the word, but perhaps the poster can illuminate that value.