st: straticying by variable in complex survey design

From   [redacted] <[redacted]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: straticying by variable in complex survey design
Date   Tue, 27 Sep 2011 13:54:17 -0400

Hi!
I'm conducting some analysis (logistic regression) using complex survey
design (NHIS and SCSHCN).
I want to break down my ethnicity variable by income and see the subgroup
analysis on my outcome variable. Both variables are categorical (income
divided into ratios of the federal poverty line; FPL). For example, I want
to see if African-Americans below the poverty line differ from those making
2x the FPL. Would the best way to do this is manually create these groups
(recode ethnicity by income levels) and run the analysis or is there a
better/more efficient way of getting at this?
Thanks,
[redacted]

--
~~~~