st: Why does xtregar exclude the time variable from the rhs?

From   bosaylor@yahoo.com
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: Why does xtregar exclude the time variable from the rhs?
Date   Tue, 27 Sep 2011 16:17:01 +0000

I would appreciate it if someone could explain the rational for this to me. I have searched the Stata documentation, the Statalist, and the web but have been unable find obtain any reference to why the procedure prevents including the time variable on the rhs of the model.  Thanks for any assistance anyone has to offer.

Bo