st: test of significant between coefficients

From   Andrea Rispoli <>
Subject   st: test of significant between coefficients
Date   Tue, 27 Sep 2011 15:35:46 +0100

Dear Statalisters,
I am running a test of significance between two coefficients of the
same OLS regression.
My question is : if the two coefficients are not significant, does it
still make sense to conduct the test? I am asking because sometimes
while the individual coefficients are not significant the difference
between them is significant, so I was trying to understand the meaning
of this result.
Thank you!