Re: st: problem with repeated time values within panel

From   Nick Cox <njcoxstata@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: problem with repeated time values within panel
Date   Tue, 27 Sep 2011 12:19:29 +0100

Panel data analysis doesn't require -xtset panelid year-. For what you
describe, -xtset panelid- sounds a more natural set-up. That doesn't
rule out using -year- as a covariate.

But all depends on what kind of analysis you have in mind, which isn't
specified here.

Nick