Re: st: Import Excel Issues

From   Ronan Conroy <>
To   "" <>
Subject   Re: st: Import Excel Issues
Date   Tue, 27 Sep 2011 12:01:34 +0100

On 2011 MFómh 24, at 18:16, William Buchanan wrote:

> I was just wondering if any folks have run into any issues with the -import excel- command?  I'm running Stata 12MP (updated up to 15 SEP 2011) on a MAC with OSX 10.5 (Snow Leopard).  I tried using the abbreviated form of the command (i.e., - import exc -) and received an error:
> import exc using "/Users/billy/Desktop/NEW BROCKTON/brockton-2011.xlsx", first
> import: unknown subcommand "exc"
> r(198);

The abbreviation problem confirmed on my Mac, 10.6.8, with StataSE.

I've had no trouble with the command itself though, other than the fact that unlike -insheet- it preserves the letter case of the Excel header row and there's no option to override this and get variable names in lowercase.

Ronán Conroy
Associate Professor
Division of Population Health Sciences
Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland