Re: st: Stata drops one variabe

From   Maarten Buis <>
Subject   Re: st: Stata drops one variabe
Date   Fri, 23 Sep 2011 08:48:32 +0200

On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 3:22 AM, Daniel Marcelino wrote:
> I'm using Stata 12 already update, on Macbook.
> Every time I open "sysuse auto" Stata drops mpg variable, why it is happening?

The auto dataset is a dataset like any other. Could it be that you by
accident have overwritten the original dataset with a changed dataset
in which you removed mpg? In that case you can get the original
dataset again by typing -webuse auto-.

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie