st: listcoef help command with negative binomial offset

From   Brian Renauer <renauer@pdx.edu>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: listcoef help command with negative binomial offset
Date   Thu, 22 Sep 2011 17:02:25 -0700

I used a listcoef, help percent command after conducting a negative binomial regression (nbreg) with an offset of logged neighborhood population. My question is whether the help interpretation provided by this command, "percent change in expected count for SD increase in X" is the proper wording for interpreting the coefficients in the model output. In other words, did my use of an offset variable, which considers exposure rate, make the interpretation of the listcoef help statement incorrect? Is it telling me the right wording, particularly the use of the word count? Do I need to do some additional transformations to properly interpret the coefficients or the listcoef output?
Any help is much appreciated - Brian Renauer