Re: st: Simultaneous Ordered Probit and Linear Equation Model, Unbalanced Data, ML Programming

Subject   Re: st: Simultaneous Ordered Probit and Linear Equation Model, Unbalanced Data, ML Programming
Date   Wed, 21 Sep 2011 16:26:42 +0200

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 3:54 PM, Hendrik M wrote:
> If I programme the function, Stata keeps on refusing to use all 1000
> observations. It only uses 800 (all obs for which also y2 is availbale).

Your likelihood (the linear part) needs y2. So what is Stata supposed
to use for y2 in those 200 observations where you told it that you
don't know what y2 is (i.e. assigned a missing value)? It is a good
thing that Stata refuses to "invent" data for you.

Hope this helps,
Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie