Re: st: ergodic distribution from transition probaility matirx

From   Austin Nichols <>
Subject   Re: st: ergodic distribution from transition probaility matirx
Date   Wed, 21 Sep 2011 10:07:15 -0400

Tuki <>:
You need to give full refs to those papers if you want good help.
I guess you estimated a non-ergodic transition matrix, and you want
the nearest ergodic matrix in some metric?
Are you sure you don't want a regular transition matrix, to ensure
convergence to a unique steady state?
You may want to write out a maximum likelihood estimator that
constrains eigenvalues.