Re: Kwallis Test: Dummy variables

From   Nick Cox <njcoxstata@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: Kwallis Test: Dummy variables
Date   Wed, 21 Sep 2011 14:56:17 +0100

No; I said the opposite. I don't see any reason to replace a binary
variable with ranks. I think you need a reason to do it, not a reason
not to do it.

Nick

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 2:45 PM, Damiano Bordogna
<damiano.bordogna@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you very much Nick!
>
> Another question:
> you said that do a Kwallis test on dummy variables is useful.. why?
>
> 2011/9/21 Nick Cox <njcoxstata@gmail.com>:
>> 1) Yes, but it doesn't sound either useful or essential.
>>
>> 2) Yes; they are explicitly discussed in most texts covering this test
>> as "ties".
>>
>> Nick
>>
>> On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 2:12 PM, Damiano Bordogna
>> <damiano.bordogna@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> i'd like to ask a couple of things about the Kwallis test.
>>> 1) Is it possible to do a Kwallis on dummy variables?
>>> 2) Is it possible to do a Kwallis on variables with repeated values?