Re: st: loop to insert underscore before year suffix

From   Nick Cox <>
Subject   Re: st: loop to insert underscore before year suffix
Date   Wed, 21 Sep 2011 13:28:04 +0100

Tacitly you are using Stata 12 and so could use -rename- directly, without needing any programming. Alternatively, -findit renvars-.

All that said, underscores are not needed here. See my FAQ on - reshape- for how to extract stubs using -unab-.