RE: st: Naming Equations in Stata

From   Ian Li <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Naming Equations in Stata
Date   Wed, 21 Sep 2011 17:50:07 +0800

Hi Jesper,

thanks a lot for your suggestions, they are very much appreciated. I have tried Partho's suggestion of -suest-, and that provides the solution for what I want. Your solution seems to be ideal as well.

I have also tried -coeflegend- (apologies to Maarten for misreading his post on that and taking -coeflegend- as a command). It does provide the 'names' of the parameters, but I can't see where the equation name appears.

Regards
Ian
From: [email protected] [[email protected]] On Behalf Of Jesper Lindhardsen [[email protected]]
Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2011 4:28 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: st: Naming Equations in Stata

Hi again Ian,

I forgot: if x1 is continous then it should be

reg y c.x1#agegroup i.agegroup x2 x3
testparm c.x1#agegroup,equal

Regarding coeflegend, you can just type:

reg, coeflegend

after the regression command, then you'll get the parameter 'names'

HTH, Jesper

Hi Maarten

I am using Stata/SE 11 on a Windows OS. But entering coeflegend gives
me:

. coeflegend
unrecognized command:  coeflegend
r(199);

Am I missing something here?

I am still trying Partho's suggestion of the -suest- command, and will
inform the list if that works out to be a satisfactory solution. In the
mean time, if anyone has any other suggestions, I will be delighted to
hear from you.

Ian