RE: st: Naming Equations in Stata

From   Ian Li <>
To   "" <>
Subject   RE: st: Naming Equations in Stata
Date   Wed, 21 Sep 2011 15:05:02 +0800

Hi Maarten

I am using Stata/SE 11 on a Windows OS. But entering coeflegend gives me:

. coeflegend
unrecognized command:  coeflegend

Am I missing something here?

I am still trying Partho's suggestion of the -suest- command, and will inform the list if that works out to be a satisfactory solution. In the mean time, if anyone has any other suggestions, I will be delighted to hear from you.

From: [] On Behalf Of Maarten Buis []
Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2011 2:44 PM
Subject: Re: st: Naming Equations in Stata

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 7:08 AM, Ian Li wrote:
> but it would be much simpler and straightforward if I could understand how to use the -test- function properly. To do that, it would be desirable if anyone could advise on how equations are named in Stata, or what the proper syntax is for the -test- function.

If you have Stata >= 11 you can use the -coeflegend- option to see how
coefficients and their equations are named. If you have an older
version of Stata you can type -matlist e(b)- to display the matrix of
coefficients and at their top the equations and names.

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen