st: Corrected Creating multiple observations from mixed observation?

From   "Greenland, Andrew N" <agreenla@purdue.edu>
Subject   st: Corrected Creating multiple observations from mixed observation?
Date   Tue, 20 Sep 2011 18:04:23 -0400

I need to insert a new observation into the dataset I am working on.
Multiple row's from a spreadsheet have been read into the same column and I need to separate them and insert them into the dataset.

The data should Look as follows:
var1        var2        var3
NAME1    Price1      Price2
NAME2    Price3      Price4

Instead they look take on a pattern like this:
var1                        var2                     var3
NAME1NAME2                Price1Price3               Price2Price4

Thanks a ton in advance.

Andrew