Re: st: RE: xtscc and small samples (equal size T and N)

From   christina sakali <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: xtscc and small samples (equal size T and N)
Date   Tue, 20 Sep 2011 02:12:43 +0300

Dear Mark, thanks a lot for the advice and recommendations.

I am a bit reluctant to go for just the simple 2-way fixed effects
model, since after implementing the necessary tests, I have found that
my residuals suffer from both heteroscedasticity and cross-sectional
dependence, so I am looking for an estimator to account for both of
these problems.

Does the inclusion of time fixed effects correct for
heteroscedasticity and/or cross-sectional dependence and how exactly
is this achieved? (or can you suggest some reference where I can find
some more information on this issue).

Can you also please clarify this for me: What is the minimum (more or
less) sample size required for the use of estimators that rely on
large T and N asymptotics?

Thank you again.

Christina